• Concept through final design for a 450 SF roof garden adjacent to the retirement home cafe.
• Designed various fences, planters, ‘Zen’ gravel garden look, and other features to improve the view from the ‘glasshouse’ eating area.
• Collaborated with a structural engineer for location of planters, boulders and fencing. No penetration of the roofing systems was required.
• Site design work included:
– Choice of landscaping to endure the harsh roof-top conditions and infrequent watering (irrigation was not budgeted).
– Cedar fencing and planters selected for durability.
– Boulders and white gravel for added cold- weather aesthetics.
Site Analysis, Schematic / Concept Design, Master Planning, Construction Documents, Construction Administration
Location: Rochester, NY
Project Completed: 2002