• Prepared a detailed inventory and analysis of existing parks and recreation assets.
• Conducted an on-line survey of town residents to help determine needs and desires.
• Prepared a needs analysis that identified shortcomings of existing facilities, quantified existing facilities and compared that data with NRPA and SCORP recommendations.
• Interviewed school district personnel, municipality employees and officers, and county staff.
• Prepared plans for proposed trail connections, new trails, and linkages throughout the town.
• Conducted focus group meetings to gather information, identify problems, & brainstorm solutions.
• Produced concept designs and construction cost estimate for three key expansion parcels in the town.
• Developed an implementation plan that identifies issues involved in implementing the trail plan, such as land ownership, at-grade crossings, wetland mitigation, and project funding.
• Planning used scalable color aerial photos for mapping of proposed park facilities and features.
• Prepared a parks and recreation department mission statement and goals and objectives.
Site Analysis, Schematic / Concept Design, Master Planning, Public Outreach, Estimates
Location: Irondequoit, NY
Project Completed: 2009