• Three-mile-long multi-use trail connecting the Erie Canal Trail, Highland Park, and the Genesee River Trail.
• Developed an understanding of the function and likely users of the proposed trail.
• Explored alternative locations for the trail.
• Selected a recommended trail route.
• Produced a concept design and construction cost estimate for the trail.
• Developed an implementation plan that identifies issues involved in implementing the trail plan, such as land ownership, at-grade crossings, wetland mitigation, and project funding.
• Planning used scalable color aerial photos for mapping of proposed route and features.
Site Analysis, Schematic / Concept Design, Master Planning, Cost Estimates
Location: Rochester, NY
Client: Genesee Transportation Council